Monday, September 7, 2009

Gather

For some reason, I feel like it's important to make some kind of statement of purpose on a blog. My last one didn't really hold my interest... and I feel that I'm more likely to comment on the day today trials and error of life on Facebook, rather than putting it all out there in a blog.

So, I'm trying a new concept.

One of my greatest joys in life (other than watching Henry grow bigger and funnier and smarter each day) is creating gatherings. Friends, family, just our little trio, it doesn't matter. I feel that sharing food and drink is more that just eating a meal, it's an important ritual. A ritual that can be as simple as picking items off the menu at an Indian food restaurant, or constructing a four course dining extravaganza, complete with coordinating decor and formal invitations. It might just be sitting on the back porch, splitting that last beer before bedtime.

In this space, I'd like to share plans, menus, recipes, and anecdotes from the gatherings that make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment