Monday, April 5, 2010

Ham Left-Overload/Menu for the Week

So after hosting our Easter Lunch, I have decided that store-bought ham packages are deceiving. I hunted through those plastic-then-foil-then-netting wrapped bundles, trying to find the largest one to feed our hungry masses of egg-tossing champs. They all looked tiny... so I settled on the mother of all HEB hams- a 10 pounder, surely just enough to satisfy and maybe we'd have a few leftover slices. However, after everyone had served themselves, nibbled, and grazed, we were left with a whopping 7 pounds of honey-cured pork. (Okay, so some of that is the hock... which I really don't foresee myself turning into ham stock. I just don't know what I'd do with ham stock...)

So, with no further ado, but about a two month delay...
Menu for the Week
Monday~ Chicken Cordon Bleu, Asparagus with Mornay Sauce
Tuesday~ Ham Strata with Vegetables  decided on Lentil Soup with Greens instead
Wednesday~ Beef Fajita Salad with Ham-Spiked Black Beans
Thursday~Mom's Night OUT!
Friday~ Casa Colombia!

No comments:

Post a Comment