Thursday, September 30, 2010

Peabody's Nursery Inspiration

It came to me this weekend... after I pushed all thoughts of blush and rose and peony out of my mind... A book that has captured my interest for over 10 years: Albertus Seba's Cabinet of Natural Curiosities.
Albertus Seba's Cabinet of Natural Curiosities (Jumbo)
I am fully aware that this book is the muse for Pottery Barn's Summer Collection and for the ubiquitous use of red coral pillows and such. My plan deviates from the au curant (but at this point a bit ho hum) studies of sea life.
Peabody's tiny room (9X11+two teeny closets and a heck of a lot of wallspace consumed by windows and doors) will be a modern twist on Seba's cabinet. Clean lines mixed with natural textures, it will feel like a clearing in the forest where deer come to graze and lizards come to bask. I'm working on sketches and I can't wait to share more as it develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment