Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cool Front Week Continues



It's warmed up a bit after the cool front... (Boo! More to come this weekend, I hope.) But that hasn't stopped me from churning out dinners that warm the soul and could possibly induce a hibernation spell.

If your belly feels empty, whip these up tonight!
Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast with Gremolata
Mom's Chicken and Dumplings OR Chicken and Rosemary Dumplings

Chicken and Rosemary Dumplings 
Prepare Mom's Chicken and Dumplings as directed, except for dumplings.
For Rosemary Dumplings:
1 1/4 c flour
1 tbsp chopped rosemary
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp butter
1/2 c milk
1 egg


Combine dry ingredients. Using pastry cutter or two knives cut butter into flour mixture until pea-sized pieces. Add egg and slowly add milk, while mixing until slightly sticky dough forms. Bring broth to a low boil. Drop tablespoons of dough into broth, one at a time. Cover and cook 10-15 mins or until dumplings are fluffy and cooked through.

2 comments:

  1. MMMM! I'm so glad that you posted this recipe!! Thank you again for bringing this--it was delicious!!
    I will have to make it when I get the hang of having a toddler AND newborn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that it hit the spot!
    I have a feeling that I better get my fill of cooking before Feb. rolls around. I remember those days (months?) of take-out and frozen dinners...

    ReplyDelete